Is Coolsculpting good for loose skin?
CoolSculpting cannot tighten loose skin and is not designed to do so. It is meant to permanently destroy fat cells in stubborn, hard to shift areas. If you have skin stretched around fat then having Coolsculpting may result in excess or loose skin after the procedure.
If you are looking to tighten loose skin maybe due to weight loss or ageing then there are other procedures which work well to tighten and firm skin. These include:
- Ultrasound skin tightening. Heat stimulates collagen and elastin production using a handheld device using to target ultrasound energy into the deeper layers of the skin.
- Radiofrequency treatments. This is similar to ultrasound but transfers heat energy on the skin’s outer layers to promote collagen production.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) /Radio Frequency (RF). This combination treatment uses intense wavelengths of pulsed light (IPL) and radiofrequency (RF) to heat the outer and deeper skin layers to stimulate collagen, elastin and fibroblast cell production.
- Chemical peels to remove of the outer layer of old skin to reveal smoother less wrinkled skin underneath
- Ablative laser resurfacing or “laser peeling” is similar to the above chemical peel as it removes the top layer of skin. It also promotes collagen and elastin production by heating up the layers of skin immediately below the surface.