There are various things to do to prepare yourself and your skin for your visit to a laser hair removal clinic. Here are just a few important ones to follow;
- The first is not to go on any tanning beds or have fake tans applied on your skin within six weeks before the treatment. This is because the laser hair removal process works at its best when there is a contrast between the light skin and dark hair. The treatment won’t be as effective if your skin is darker, as the laser won’t be able to “see” the different between your skin and your hair.
- When you go to have a laser hair removal session, wear clothes that are loose fitting and comfortable. Your skin may be slightly red or sore afterwards, so you’ll want to stay comfortable.
- Do not bleach or wax the skin area that you are having treated with laser hair removal. If you do any of these things, then it can leave open pores on your skin that the laser may try to target, which can cause problems on the skin. Your skin may swell, become itchy or develop a rash.
- Protecting your skin from the sun is important after your treatment. If you are going out, make sure you put on a UVA/UVB sunscreen that is SPF 30 or higher.
- You should also follow the advice of your clinic. They will be able to recommend skin creams and things to avoid before your treatment, in order for it to be most successful. When investing in laser hair removal, you want to ensure it works as best as it can for you, so following these tips and any others your salon gives you is very important.