Recipe using Yoghurt
Frozen Yoghurt Popsicles with Blueberry
These refreshingly gorgeous popsicles with Blueberry is a brilliant way to use yoghurt in a fun way to still get the benefits. A lot of the time, you may not want to eat yoghurt really quickly so it doesn’t pass it’s sell by date by the time you’vtheue just about reached half way through. Therefore, these popsicles allow you to freeze the yoghurt and keep them so you can consume them as often as you like.
In the summer, they are especially lovely because inside of giving children ice creams packed with fat, additives and artificial colouring, you can give them these to enjoy as a healthy option. They’re tasty and fun for everyone.
Recipe For Blueberry Popsicles
For 12 popsicles (in small paper cups)
1 1/2 cups plain, Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 lemon, peeled
1/2 cup blueberries
1) Put the water and sugar in a small, heavy duty pot. Bring to a boil, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2) Peel the lemon and put the peel into the simple syrup (the water sugar mixture). let steep for 5 minutes.
3) Strain the lemon sugar and place in the fridge until completely cool.
4) While the lemon sugar is cooling, combine the yogurt and honey in a mini food chopper and pulse 10 times. Set aside.
5) To make the blueberry puree, in a small, heavy duty pan, combine the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of water and bring to a boil. When the blueberries start to pop, remove from the heat. Let cool.
6) When cool, puree in a mini chopper.
7) Strain lemon peels from simple syrup. Add to yogurt mixture.
• Fill small cups or moulds 1/3 of the way with yogurt mixture. Put in freezer for about 45 minutes.
• Remove and pour a few tablespoons of the blueberry mixture on top of the semi frozen yogurt. Swirl slightly with a skewer. Let freeze for 20 minutes.
• Top the semi frozen pops with the rest of the yogurt mixture, filling almost to the top of the cup. Freeze completely, about 3 hours.
• Unmold and store in an airtight container or eat right away!