How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?


Laser hair removal works by beaming an invisible, high concentration beam of light directly into the skin. The constant heat of the laser means that the light can penetrate deep into the layers of the skin where the hair follicle, or the hair root is situated.

There are four types of lasers which can be used for laser hair removal. This includes the Ruby Laser, Alexandrite, Diode and ND and LP ND Yag.

The beam of light can then cauterise the hair follicle so that the strand of hair is safely destroyed without damaging surrounding tissue or skin. This is a very safe procedure which is also virtually painless. Some people report a mild discomfort during the treatment, like an elastic band snapping on the skin.

The skin may be left slightly red afterwards, but this returns back to normal within a few hours. This makes it one of the most effective and efficient method of hair removal to date.

In order for the laser hair removal to be fully successful, a series of treatments is advisable. This is because laser hair removal works when the hair is in the active growth phase, which 90% of hair usually is. However, to be sure that the full area of skin remains hair free, the remaining 10% also needs to be treated. This means that some people book in for a series of five, six, seven, or even eight sessions to be completely thorough.

About Premier Laser

We have many years’ experience delivering first class hair removal and skin treatments in our laser skin clinics in London and Surrey. We have performed over 300,000 treatments and still counting.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply